Almond Pudding



I have a fondness for all things pudding.  I like the traditional smooth and creamy pudding, the baked or steamed English puddings and even summer puddings made with bread and berries.  I love them all.  I was flipping through The Cook's Book.  Which is a wonderful book full of recipes by super famous chefs when I came upon Baked Almond Pudding.  I immediately thought YUM!  I love almonds.  The recipe didn't call for fruit but I couldn't resist adding some apricots to one dish and pears to the other.  This also doubles as a gluten-free dessert.  There is only almond flour (or finely ground almonds) and absolutely no wheat flour.

Baked Almond Pudding  (recipe submitted by Shaun Hill)

1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
3 cups ground almonds
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. Cognac (I used Frangelico)
grated zest of 1/2 lemon
1/3 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
2 eggs
2 egg yolks

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter, almonds, cream, Cognac, lemon zest, and sugar.  Stir in the whole eggs and yolks.
Butter a shallow baking dish and pour in the batter.  Bake for 30-40 minutes until the edges are golden brown.  Sprinkle with sugar before serving.

* These types of desserts can always handle a little fruit.  Add your favorite fruit and Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts