Peanut Butter Brownies


A few weeks ago my sister and I went to What's Cooking Detroit to see Anne Thornton do a cooking demo.  I hadn't hear of her before that show but she was great.  She made Fudgy Salty Peanut Butter Brownies for us.  The demo was live (obviously) and while things didn't go perfect for her (missing bowls, fussy stoves, etc.) I found her to be real, charming and a really good cook.  This weekend I had the perfect opportunity for some baking and so I made the Brownies and Coconut Cream Cake.  The brownies were a hit and while the cake didn't go as fast as I thought it would, I thought it was super tasty, moist and delicious.  The one change I made was to the Coconut Cream Cake.  Rather then adding Coco Lopez to the frosting, I pierced the cake many times and poured it on the layers.  The cake soaked it right up and added more moisture to the cake.  The frosting was the perfect consistency.  I will definitely make this cake again and make the same change.  
 
Sorry for the gross picture.

So Food Network fans, if you haven't seen Anne in action yet, check her out.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Comments

Popular Posts