Meyer Lemon Crown Cake




This week Heavenly Bakers had a free choice week so I decided on this beauty.  A few factors helped me make this choice.

1.  My Mom was coming home from Dubai so I needed a  non-chocolate treat to welcome her home.
2.  Meyer Lemons are still ready available and my Dad just bought me a bag to play with.  If you haven't tried these yet, try them!  My sister made lemon bars with them and OH MY GOODNESS!!!
3.  I have always wanted to make Lady Fingers from scratch.

So with all these reasons backing me, I started the process.  The Lady Fingers were a snap.  I don't know why I was so intimidated.  I know I could use a little more practice piping them but I thought they looked decent.  I baked two sheets at a time and one of them got a little darker but they did not burn so I used them.  Then I moved on to the lemon curd.  I used the double boiler method and the result was a creamy curd with not a curdle in sight.  I added a little extra zest (because I really like it).  Then I cooled the curd over ice and mixed it into the whipped cream.  I poured the cream into my prepared Lady Finger lined mold and into the freezer it went.  The next day, I topped the cake with meringue and torched it with my mini blow torch.

This cake was a pleasure from start to finish.  It was easy to assemble and one of my sisters said that this was her favorite dessert I have ever made!!  I have to admit that I was a little flattered.  I have great cheerleaders!

Comments

  1. How beautiful does that cake look! wow... love the green ribbon around it. Looking at it makes me want to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You ROCKED it!! Wish I was there to enjoy it with you guys!! Welcome back, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was DELICIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that top photo looks so professional! i can only image how delicious it would be with meyer lemons--yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts