Monkeying Around


My Thanksgiving weekend was spent in wonderful company.  As I said in an earlier post, my family spends the entire weekend together.  On Saturday we gather for our annual brunch/all day party.  This year I decided to make my super easy Monkey Bread.  The bread is assembled the night before and simply baked in the morning.  Easy - Peasy! 

Easy Monkey Bread

18 frozen dinner roll dough balls (I usually use Rhodes)
1 (3.4 oz) pkg. butterscotch cook & serve pudding mix (I accidentally used instant once and it was fine-no worries)
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c melted butter

Butter a bundt pan.  Place the dough balls in the pan.  In this order sprinkle pudding mix, brown sugar, white sugar, then butter.  Cover pan with parchment paper and a tea towel.  Let sit on counter over night.  In the morning, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Place bundt pan on a cookie sheet.  Bake bread uncovered for 35-45 minutes.  The top should be golden brown and the smell should be heavenly!  Let the bread sit for 10 minutes after removing it from the oven.  Invert onto a plate and slowly help the bread release from the pan. 
At this point you can eat it steaming hot or wait until it cools a bit so you and your guests can polish it off with out the risk of burning your fingers.  Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. ב''ה

    Looks great! I'll have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for recipes that my kids would love that I can incorporate into family traditions. (I also need it to be easy since we're kind of busy around here most of the time.) This very well might make the list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts