Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Potato Yumminess

Some of you may know that I have a very particular palate.  I am picky, picky, picky.  I am always critical of colors, textures and I certainly don't like trying new flavors.  If a food is strange or funky looking I usually pass right by it.  The crazy thing is that I know that I am missing out on a multitude of flavors and I don't really care.  Isn't that terrible?!?!?  Pour example, my Dad is always buying new fruits (persimmons, cheramoya, cactus pears) for us to try and I usually pass it right up.  They just look to weird (mature huh?).  Anyway, when a friend of mine posted a Roasted Sweet Potato Salad on her blog, I passed it right up.  Cilantro, black beans, peppers and sweet potatoes - no way!   My sister on the other hand decided to try it and after I was guaranteed that I would like it, I tried it.  Surprise, surprise, the salad is incredible.  It has a mix of flavors that make your mouth sing.  So, if you are looking for a new Thanksgiving recipe, try this one and wow your guests.  You will not regret it!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Diana for finding the recipe and Violet for letting us all know about it! I give you credit every time I make it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good! surprisingly good. If I remember correctly, I did my fair share of taste testing before it got served. :)

    ReplyDelete