Monday, March 21, 2011

Whipped Cream Cake


This week's Heavenly Baker free choice had one requirement.  Simplicity!  I did not want to mess my whole kitchen up with a dessert that took 92 steps and 113 bowls.  I wanted a simple, straight forward cake that tasted great.  I finally decided on the Whipped Cream Cake.  How much easier could you get?  I didn't even need to let butter come to room temperature because the only fat in this cake is whipping cream.  I quickly sifted the dry ingredients, mixed the wet ones together and then folded in the dry.  Easy Peasy!  As I was pouring the batter into my cake tin, the aroma hit me.  Actually it kissed me!  This batter has the most delicious smell and so I had to taste.  After pouring the batter, I licked the spatula and OH MY GOODNESS!!!  I could have eaten a bowl of this stuff. 
I decided to keep it simple so I mixed together some strawberries and dried figs, warmed some jam with a little bit of Chamboard and off we went to dessert paradise. 
If you are looking for a simple white cake, send me an email and I will give you the recipe (unless you already have Heavenly Cakes of course).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, this is one of the best cakes in the book. With your addition of fruit, it must be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete