Butter

My plans of playing in the kitchen have been put on the back burner for a few days and so I thought I would share something very dear to me with you.  I love butter!!!  It is one of my favorite things.  It is creamy and the flavor of REAL butter speaks to me in ways most things don't. 
I spent a month in  England at Le Cordon Bleu ages ago and it was there that I discovered what real butter tastes like.  The flavor is hard to pin point but I will try.  Great butter is sweet and savory at the same time.  It's flavor is dense but not greasy.  In a nutshell it is the essence of silky dairy-ness.  Real butter is rarely white.  It is usually a beautiful creamy yellow color.  The fat content is also higher then your typical grocery store brand.  One of my favorite brands is President.  If you can find it, try it.  You will not be sorry.  There is nothing like this butter spread on a piece of great bread.

Comments

  1. You're spot on! Great butter is a treat. How fantastic Le Cordon Bleu must have been. Would love to hear what that was like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post! I agree with you that nothing can take butter's place, however, I've been having a hard time finding a REAL butter in this city. I will keep my eyes open for President.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts