Caramelized Pineapple Pudding Cakes

 
I was surfing through some cooking/baking blogs and I stumbles upon Rose's Heavenly Cake bake along blog.  The idea behind this kind of blog is simple.  You buy the book, the blog coordinator post what cake the bakers are making next, and we bake and blog about the current cake.  I haven't been officially added to the list of bakers, but I am hoping this group will want to bake with me.  All this said, I think I decided to make the most complicated pudding know to man.  The brioche (see last post) took two days and the pudding took quite a bit of fussing around with.  I had no problem with the Cream Anglaise and caramelizing the pineapple but the caramel gave me a run for my money.  I could not get it to stay soft!  Every time I warmed it up to soften it, it cooled harder.  In the end, I had two conclusions, (1) forget the caramel and (2) I really think this would have tasted just as good with a nice white bread or challah.  Save the brioche for breakfast and enjoy it with some jam.  If you are interested in the recipe, email me or buy a copy of the book (Rose's Heavenly Cakes) - it's a good one.

Comments

  1. I must say that your hard work paid off! The bread pudding was delicious and a perfect way to get my mind off of only being able to eat mush. Bravo, Maja!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts